EEVB Summer 2022 Leagues will be subject to the following COVID policies. These procedures are in place to insure a safe and successful summer season. These policies are required for the 2022 season to take place:
- EVERYONE SHOULD GET GET VACCINATED! If you can get any vaccine, do so as soon as possible! While not required for playing in the league, it makes everything else easier and is the quickest way to get rid of all the other Covid protocols.
- Player Pledges: What you and your team members do outside of league games can affect your teammates, opponents and our community. Everyone’s actions can directly impact the future of our season. EEVB encourages smart decisions by all players during the season to help minimize exposures.
- Registration will be done completely online at How To Register.
- Players who are not feeling well should not play. If you are feeling under the weather please stay home until you feel better. It is critical to reducing the spread of COVID-19 that those experiencing symptoms stay home.
- Each day before playing, all players need to ask themselves:
a. Have you had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days?
b. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
c. Have you had close contact with any confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases in the past 14 days?
IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS DO NOT PLAY UNTIL YOU CAN ANSWER NO TO ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS.
- What to do if one of your players comes down with COVID after playing? Contact EEVB immediately. We will then contact teams that were on your net that week. (Note: the name of an infected player should never be revealed. We just need to know what team an infected player was on to notify opposing teams).
a. EEVB will issue a refund to any team that needs to drop out due to COVID until the Saturday before the league starts.
b. In the event that the league needs to be cancelled due to COVID, prorated refunds will be given based on the refund given back to EEVB by the site owners (City of Long Beach, Towns of North Hempstead, Brookhaven, & Southampton respectively). NOTE: the site owners may very well decide not to give back any refund which means EEVB cannot then refund any lost portion of fees due to COVID or similar disruption.
c. While we do not expect any league to be cancelled once it starts we feel it is important to have procedures for that situation in place before the season starts.
- League Day-of-Play Policies
a. Maintain social distancing during league. Have your team set up chairs/blankets/towel a safe distance away from other teams. Players should stay 6 ft. apart art all times except while playing.
b. EEVB strongly discourages high-fives, hand-shaking and other contact among players, especially players from other teams. These policies are in effect to keep everyone safe, and to keep from spreading the virus.
c. Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
d. Do not touch anything that is not your own personal property.
e. Wash hands often with hot water and soap or use hand sanitizer throughout the day.
f. Please bring your own sanitizer and use it regularly.
g. Please do not gather or congregate during or after the event.
h. MASKS are strongly suggested while sitting on sidelines between games.
i. Please maintain distance between players between games.
j. Avoid congregating in groups, especially with players from other courts. Please try to only be exposed to teams on your court.
- All schedules will be posted online at www.EEVB.net. under the league drop down menu. Select your league site and then click on SCHEDULE to see where you are playing.
- Additional Info:
a. CDC Playing Sports Guidelines
b. How to Protect & Others
c. How to Stop the Spread