STEP #5 Additional Info
Be sure to read the EEVB League Manual for procedures and policies we follow.
- Forfeit Policy: If your team cannot play one night please post a message in the SportsYou app for your league by 6 pm night of play. Teams that do this will only receive 4 losses. Teams that do not post will receive 6 losses. Plus this lets the other teams get started without waiting for a non-showing team and lets them merge with an adjacent court if necessary.
- SportsYou codes
- All fees must be paid in full before start of 1st night.
- Teams not paid in full will not be placed on schedule until fees are completely paid.
- Teams may add players to roster anytime up to July 1; after 7/1 subject to league director’s approval
- 6 pm until sunset.
- The first 2 full teams that arrive at the net play the 1st match of the night. If 2 teams are not ready to play by 6:30, then the 2 teams listed first on the schedule will start playing even if they are shorthanded. Follow that order the rest of the night even if it is different than the clipboard schedule
- Will be posted online by noon Monday. Please check the schedule date listed to make sure you have the proper schedule. Schedules are made up weekly based on your standing in the league. We will randomly mix up teams on the last week of play in June and July. Requests to play a specific team must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance. We will try to accommodate such requests but cannot guarantee they happen.
- 4s for intermediate to competitive players (4s teams can be any gender from 4 males to 4 females).
- Recreational sixes (coed with a 2:1 M:F ratio) are for intermediate to novice players. Rec divisions at large league nights such as Tues/Wed Long Beach will be divided after Week #5 into R1 (higher level Recreational) and R2 (novice level Recreational).
- Awarded to top 4 teams in every division based on final standings. We do not have playoffs and have opted to let all teams play every week of the season with winning pct. determining the final placement of teams. Separate prizes awarded at September League Championship Tournament at Long Beach on Labor Day Weekend.
- Teams will be assigned to a net each night and play against the other teams assigned to that net. The final winning team each night will return the completed schedule & results to the league director. It is the responsibility of each winning team to make sure that the scores are entered properly on the schedule sheet!! Results are published on our web site weekly for all captains to check. Last losing team each night must bring in boundary ropes.
View Video: HOW TO properly Roll Up Boundary Rope
- Rain-outs: we play every week of the summer from Memorial Day until Labor Day. We plan that a night or two will be rained out during the season. Rained out nights will not be made up. See league manual for rain-out policy
- League players may compete in any weekend doubles tournament (men or women’s B on Sat., Coed B on Sundays) for $10/player. Participate in tournaments every weekend all summer long.
- All divisions will play off at the Long Island Beach Volleyball Championships at Long Beach on Labor Day Weekend in Sept. Go to avpamerica.com > Schedule/Results > East End Volleyball for date. Teams with player overlap in 2 leagues or short players may combine for the Championships subject to EEVB approval. Do not miss this fun final day of the beach volleyball season!
- It is the winning team’s responsibility to circle your wins on the results sheet. We cannot give you the proper credit for wins if it is not marked on the sheet.
- Please keep the sheet as neat as possible to make it easier to see your results. You would be amazed at how messy and confusing some of the sheets are that we get back.
- Do not write any extra info on the sheets such as scores or your record. We only go by what is circled and do not pay attention to any written records.
- When a team forfeits, every team on the net gets 2 wins against that team. The 2 teams should then play each other 4 games. On a 4 or 5-team pool, each team gets 1 win against the forfeiting team. Then continue to play the schedule until dark.
- Once the schedule is finished teams can continue playing pick up games until sunset.
- Not every game listed on the schedule needs to be played. We have it set up so that you can play 6 games a night. During the first half of the season you should get all the games in but later on as the sun sets early you may get not get all of the games in. That is OK, the standings are based on winning percentage and not total games played.
- The schedule sheet will list a time after which no new games can be started. If the weather is bad it may be darker earlier so some teams may not want to play the last game due to darkness. We expect that all teams act like responsible adults and can figure when it is not feasible to play due to darkness.
- If you do not get all of your games in please make sure that they are crossed off on the schedule sheet. Write “Dark” next to any games not played before you leave the beach.
- MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: PLEASE CHECK YOUR RESULTS AT THE END OF THE NIGHT TO MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR RESULTS ARE LISTED CORRECTLY.
- To inquire about a results discrepancy please send an email to email@example.com mentioning:
– The night you play
– Your division and captain
– What the question is
- The message will then be forwarded to the person handling results for your league who will then check and correct the result or bring the result sheet to the next league night to show you what was recorded.
SPONSORS: Orlin & Cohen Orthopedic Group, Lucia Pionegro @ EXIT REALTY, 4C Iced tea – Drink Mix – Energy Stix, Park & Sun Net Systems, AC Sports Commission, SportsYou, e-blasting, ROX Volleyball, Sand Socks, AVP America, Media Barrel, New Zealand Trails, Wilson Volleyballs, Danielle Golan with Douglas Elliman