Centereach Junior Program: 2023
The program’s goal is to teach basic volleyball skills in a non-competitive environment. Any games played will be without scoring to avoid placing too much pressure on winning, rather to focus on performing. All groups will have coaches teaching players the basic skills. Players may be moved during the season as their skills improve. Coaches will have high school, college level coaching and tournament experience.
Fee/player: $250 ($210 if paid before May 15) includes a volleyball, t-shirt, and training (note: There is a $25 service fee for credit card payments. Save by mailing check to EEVB, PO Box 49 Hampton Bays NY 11946) Players (Aged 10-18 yrs. old) will be broken up by skill level. Ages are used as a starting point to break players into groups, but players will be moved around based on skill as season progresses
TO REGISTER: All players must have an AVP America membership to play in any EEVB program. Click for Instructions to obtain memberships.
- Parents must have a free BASIC membership before they can register their child.
- Once you have the membership, register at AVPAmerica.com by clicking: Centereach Junior Program. You must be logged into child’s account (use their AVP # and their password)
- Show up at Centereach Park June 13. Your registration fee includes a beach volleyball, league t-shirt (Add your t-shirt size in your AVP America player profile) and 10 weeks instruction.
Dates: Tuesdays, 6-8 pm, June 13 – August 15 (10 weeks, no practices Tuesday 7/4)
Coach Nikki Spalma: Experience:
- SUNY Old Westbury Assistant Coach (August 2016 – January 2017)
- Head Coach: B & B Volleyball (December 2014 – Present), Won 3 GEVA tournaments
- Coached 15 Platinum team to 1st place at Regionals (100 teams)
- New York State Teaching Assistant Certification
- New York State Coaching Certification
- First Aid Certification
- CPR Certification
- DASA Certification
- Violence Prevention Certification
- Child Abuse Certification
- Head Coach: Long Island Volleyball Association (LIVA) (May 2015)
- Head Volleyball Junior Varsity Coach Harborfields High School (August 2014 – Present)
- Coach: East End Volleyball Commack, NY; Babylon, NY (February 2013 – Present)
- Head Coach Winter Indoor League
- Head Coach Summer League
Directions: (enter 286 Hawkins Rd., Centereach, NY 11720 into your map app). Courts are on the Hammond Rd. side of the park.
Weather: EEVB uses the SportsYou app to communicate directly with players. We request that all players download the app and join the Centereach Tuesday group for weather and info updates using code HK5QKMND. Please note that we do post messages if we are playing, only when the program is canceled. If you don’t see a post, we are playing. Rain policy is also listed in the EEVB League Manual
Affiliation: AVP America: AVP Memberships are Required for all players. If you only play in Junior clinics/training programs, get the $15 BRONZE membership. If you plan to play any weekend tournaments (doubles or 4-player), you will need the $25 SILVER membership. Parents must obtain memberships for players under 18. Parents need to register for the FREE AVP Basic membership. Parents can then register their child and have the child’s account linked to the parents’ account.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE DONE ONLINE TO INSURE WE HAVE ALL OF THE PROPER INFO FOR EACH PLAYER. Players must be paid in full before first night of play.
No registrations will be accepted on the beach. Number of players accepted will be limited due to net availability. Please get your registration in early to insure your spot.